Salary Range $24,752.00 - $33,155.20
Under the direction of the Assistant to the City Manager is responsible for the appearance primarily of the Welcome Center and assists visitors, providing information and offering guidance and directions to locations, events and attractions with the City and nearby, including businesses, schools, parks, events, attractions and other points of interest. Will occasionally be required to assist and work with staff at the Community Center.
- The job duties require good organizational skills and keeping abreast of changing activities, events and conditions.
- The nature of the work involves interacting with a variety of people in different emotional states, some of whom may be irate over an unpleasant travel experience before arriving at the Welcome Center.
- Must continually keep abreast of current activities, events and conditions.
- Presents a professional personal appearance and bearing at all times.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current events, programs and activities within the City and the area.
- Responsible for the primary appearance and operations of the Welcome Center section of the facility, engaging in light to moderate custodial duties.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of informational materials and the proper display of the materials.
- Responds to request for informational materials and assists and provides guidance to visitors.
- Provides visitors with information about the City and its government.
- May represent the City, as directed, at travel shows, fairs and special events.
- Performs related work as required and assigned. This may include overtime and abnormal business hours beyond 8-5 and some Saturday's.
- Present professional appearance and bearing at all times.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication and possess proficient computer skills.
- Maintain self-control and courtesy in difficult situations, such as when a visitor may be tired, irritable and/or argumentative.
- Knowledge of City of Del City and Oklahoma history, geography and government.
- Knowledge of private and public tourism facilities in the area.
- Skill in interacting with the general public and in presenting ideas clearly and concisely (in both written and oral form).
- Initiative and reliability to report to work on time, in good condition to perform the job’s duties, and to work independently, without close supervision.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Most possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable and insurable driving record.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED.
- Moderate physical activity is required.
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools for minor maintenance.
- Must be able to set up and take down tables unassisted.
- Must be able to operate City vehicle, including standard transmissions.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- May require outdoor activities.
Employee generally works independent of close supervision, but is under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant to the City Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Experience in sales or other public contact work is preferred.