$25,958.40 - $34,798.40
This is a multi-function position under the general supervision of the Recreation Supervisor. The work is semi-routine in nature, although the employee may be required to make judgements as the the appropriate action to take in various situations in accordance with established policies, procedures and the instructions of the Recreation Supervisor.
The duties are primarily to set up rooms for activities at the Community Center and working the events. This position requires tact and diplomacy, particularly in dealing with members of the public who may be irate if their requests cannot be accommodated or if the setup of the facility does not meet their expectations. Social skills are important in this position.
- Works under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor.
- Manually sets up and breaks down tables and chairs for meeting and event space to match specific client/customer/guest requirements based on the event set up diagram.
- Adjusts to last minute requests as appropriate.
Provides assistance to client/customer/guest during the event.
- Ensures equipment is stored in pre-designated areas in a safe and organized manner.
- Assists in upkeep of the facility including, but not limited to, ensuring tables and chairs are clean and bathrooms are presentable for guests along with other necessary light custodial duties.
- In the absence of the Recreation Supervisor, provides office assistance in answering the telephones, taking messages, greeting members of the public and providing basic information.
- In the absence of the Recreation Supervisor, responds to questions from the public concerning basic facility inquiry (capacity, room availability, rental pricing etc.).
- Records information and reports to the Recreation Supervisor.
- Logs reservations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of general operating procedures regarding facility.
- Knowledge of good safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating audio/visual equipment.
- Ability to test, monitor and adjust audio and video quality for acceptable projection of text and images.
- Ability to operate hard wire and wireless microphones for speeches and presentations
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to understand and comply with city and departmental policies and procedures.
- Able to read and understand an event set-up diagram.
- Professional demeanor. Service oriented.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment, phones, calculators and possess proficient computer skills necessary to the operations of center and related areas.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work independently
- Manage time and works well under pressure.
- Previous experience preferred in a like position with a hotel or similar venue.
- High School Diploma
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver License and driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Moderate physical activity is required.
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use some basic hand tools for minor maintenance.
- Must be able to set up and take down tables unassisted.
- Must be able to operate City vehicle, including standard transmissions.
- May require some outdoor activities.
Employee may give direction and instruction to part time crew workers as needed.
Work is performed under the supervision and direction by the Recreation Supervisor and the Assistant to the City Manager.