Salary Range $28,641.60 - $38,355.20
This is a responsible, skilled work in inspection, maintenance and repair of the City’s water system. Employees of this class must possess at least a Class “D” Water Operators License and have experience in maintenance of a distribution system. Heavy Equipment Operator may fill in for the Water Line Maintenance Supervisor whenever the Supervisor is unavailable.
May assist in the supervision of meter readers and meter shop personnel.
Responsible for all necessary functions of division when the Supervisor is not accessible or available.
Assists in instruction of employees in proper and safe work procedures through on-the-job training.
- Performs a variety of related work as assigned or required.
- Participates in the inspection of new water service and the maintenance and repair of existing facilities.
- On call nights and weekends in case of emergencies.
Physical strength and agility to perform strenuous labor tasks under varying weather conditions, temperature extremes and work long hours.
Knowledge of the City’s water distribution network and ability to locate water mains and lines.
Ability to keep records and make mathematical computations and reports.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to train work crews and give instructions in work procedures and equipment operation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, fellow employees and administration.
- Ability to operate trucks and equipment such as backhoes, ditch-digging machinery, water pumps and jackhammers and perform operator level maintenance and checks of vehicles and equipment.
- Possession of at least a Class “D” Water Operators License and be able to obtain a Class “C” Water Operators License within six (6) months after assuming position.
- Possession of a valid Class “A” Oklahoma State Commercial Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to make common sense decisions and assume Crew Chief responsibility for work performed.
- Ability to work long hours and at times under stressful situations.
- Knowledge of meter testing accuracy and repair procedures.
- Responsible for notifying Supervisor of problems in the field.
- Some knowledge of water plant operation.
Possession of a Class “B” Oklahoma Water Operators License.
Three (3) years experience as a water worker in maintenance and repair of systems.
Works under the direct supervision of the Water Line Maintenance Supervisor. May assist in the scheduling of activities of crew workers to ensure quality performance. May fill in for the Water Line Maintenance Supervisor when the Supervisor is unavailable.
Highschool diploma or equiival.