Salary $33,155.20 - $44,428.80
This is skilled work in directing and participating in maintenance and repair of a variety of automobiles, trucks, tractors, and related road construction equipment. Is responsible for the general operation of the vehicle repair shop. The position requires being periodically on-call.
- Communicates policies, procedures, methods, and techniques to subordinate employees.
- Directs and works with a group of employees in various maintenance and repair activities.
- Enforces departmental rules and City rules.
- Keeps routine records of services performed and parts and materials used on each vehicle.
- Assists in studies of equipment having frequent breakdowns to determine cause and attempts to prevent future occurrences.
- Directs and participates in fabrication work.
- Determines the need and feasibility of both minor and major repairs on individual units and assemblies.
- Assists and advises mechanics when new and unusual problems arise.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of the use of hand and power shop tools and equipment applicable to the repair and maintenance of City vehicles.
- Ability to diagnose defects in automotive equipment and to apply approved techniques in remedying defects.
- Knowledge of the principles of operation of gasoline and diesel-driven equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical repair and service methods applicable to heavy trucks and construction equipment.
- Knowledge of diagnostics and repair of automotive air conditioners.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and proper safety equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors and subordinates.
- Ability to weld on various types of metals.
- Ability to plan and direct work of subordinates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and other outside agents.
- Ability to maintain and repair mechanical equipment at City facilities.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma State Commercial Driver's license and a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- Minimum of two (2) years Vo-Tech training or trade school.
- Five (5) years mechanical experience.
- Experience working with Lodal Evo-D series trucks, or other sanitation type truck.
Directs skilled and semi-skilled workers in the maintenance of all City vehicles. Works under the direct supervision of the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor.