Salary Range $24,752.00 - $33,155.20
This is responsible work in providing secretarial services and performing related departmental functions.
Work requires the exercise of independent judgment, initiative and discretion based on a knowledge of administrative policies and procedures in performing daily activities. Work also involves routine contact with citizens, department heads, supervisors and other employees. The employee works under minimal supervision in performing general office duties.
- Provides administrative support and assistance to the designated division supervisor.
- Provides administrative support to the department head, other division supervisors and/or other administrative personnel as assigned.
- Meets the public; receives telephone calls and visitors, ascertains nature of business, directs to appropriate authority for disposition, and maintains a positive image of the department.
- Transcribes recorded material.
- Composes correspondence.
- Types a variety of reports and materials; prepares special reports.
- Maintains records for various divisions of the department.
- Operates a computer, typewriter, adding machine, copy machine, and other office machines and equipment.
- Performs a variety of related duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to work with others in a cooperative, productive and supportive manner.
- Knowledge secretarial practices and procedures; office practices, systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, mathematics and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of administrative and procedural policies and regulations pertaining to departmental operation.
- Familiar with, or ability to learn, computer word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to maintain records and to prepare accurate reports for file records and materials.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with department heads, supervisors, employees and citizens.
- Ability to express thoughts orally and in writing.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Skill in transcribing recorded material.
Graduation from high school, supplemented by courses in secretarial studies, with considerable experience in secretarial and clerical work of a progressively difficult nature.
Works under the direct supervision of the Sanitation Supervisor or other supervisor as assigned.
May assist, instruct and/or train other office personnel and/or temporary employees as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED