The Pool Manager/Assistant Pool Manager/Head Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor is responsible for guarding their area of responsibility, responding to any level of incident around the entire facility, enforcing the Aquatic Center rules fairly and politely, being responsive to all customer requests, ensuring customer safety, and other tasks assigned by the Recreation Supervisor.
- Work shifts as assigned by the Recreation Supervisor and follow expectations of that position.
- Maintain constant surveillance and visually scan assigned area of responsibility every 10 seconds. Walk the area to monitor activities, provide instructions, and prevent accidents.
- Provide general information on pool operations to customers. Caution swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, enforce pool rules and regulations.
- Respond to all illness and injury incidents around the entire pool facility immediately and appropriately. This includes, not limited to performing Lifeguarding skills, First Aid, CPR, and other skills until arrival of emergency medical services.
- Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly pool, deck, locker room and Aquatic Center office. Inspect facilities regularly and report any unsafe conditions/equipment to the Recreation Supervisor.
- Perform pool chemical checks at designated times. Record all chemical checks,
- Keep accurate records of pool usage, chemical levels, pool closures, etc.
- Attend and participate in all Mandatory Staff Meetings and In-services.
- Promote Aquatic Programming.
- Hold productive and engaging 45 minute swim lessons.
- Complete ARC (American Red Cross) level swim lessons.
- Set up and clean up lesson stations.
- Keep accurate and timely records of all lessons taught, purchased and scheduled.
- While working as a Group Lesson Instructor and/or Lifeguard, follow the Coordinator’s and Pool Manager direction and requests.
- Communicate openly and regularly with Pool Manager and team members.
POOL MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- ARC (American Red Cross) Lifeguard Instructor certification (Pool Manager only)
- ARC (American Red Cross) Lifeguarding certification (All Managers)
- ARC (American Red Cross) First Aid certification (All Managers)
- ARC (American Red Cross) CPR/AED certification (All Managers)
- CPO (Certified Pool Operators) certification (All Managers)
Lifeguard Management (All Managers)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Recertification for ARC (American Red Cross) done in house.
- Ability to lift a person off the bottom and out of the water (Average weight 150 lbs.).
- Perform all skills required for Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR certifications and in-service training.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time in outside air temperatures and conditions.
- Comfortable in water.
While performing duties of this job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms and hands. Employee must be able to talk, hear, taste, smell and see (both near and far). Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop,, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Good decision maker.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Understand and abide by the Aquatic Center’s customer service standards and procedures.
- Swimming experience preferred.
- Maintain personal physical endurance and agility necessary to perform job functions.