Phase II - Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4)
The City of Del City is permitted by the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to monitor the stormwater runoff within the city. To fulfill the obligations of this permit the city has developed a Stormwater Management Program. The program addresses six areas of what are known as the six “Minimum Control Measures” they are:
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Participation and Involvement
- Illicit Discharge Detention and Elimination
- Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control
- Post Construction Management in New Development and Re-Development
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping
Each of the six Minimum Control Measures have several associated activities that will be performed to implement that measure. The activities to support / implement each control measure are known as Best Management Practices (BMP).
The City of Del City is strongly committed to the good stewardship of the environment and takes every opportunity to fulfill this commitment.
It will require a continued effort by the city and its residents to achieve the desired results, but the rewards will be extremely beneficial.
Contact: Mike Cantrell, Public Works Director at 405-671-2874