Part time position -$15.86 hourly
This is a civilian position in enforcing animal control laws and ordinances. The employee is responsible for the capture and impounding of animals that do not comply with established animal laws and ordinances. Work involves an element of danger and has considerable contact with the public. Work is usually performed independently within established rules and procedures. This employee is under the direct supervision of a Division Commander or his/her designee.
- Enforces animal control laws and issues citations or warnings to violators.
- Testifies in court as need arises.
- Answers calls and patrols the City to capture and impound stray animals; picks up dead, injured or unlicensed animals.
- Prepares and maintains necessary records and reports.
- Subject to rotating weekend shifts and twenty-four (24) hour call out.
- Must, at times, lift weight in excess of 50 pounds.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma State Driver's License and a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- Must not be less than 18 years of age at time of appointment.
- Ability to operate animal control equipment including the care and use of a tranquilizer gun.
- Ability to learn the care and characteristics of domestic animals.
- Ability to learn the licensing laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to animal control.
- Knowledge of City streets and addresses.
This employee is under the direct supervision of a Division Commander or his/her designee. Employee does not supervise others.
High school diploma or GED.
Experience in work involving public contact and prior experience in working with animals.