Starting Salary $35,193.60
Performs work of a clerical nature utilizing skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired prior to assuming the position. The employee is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Community Services Department, completing a variety of duties across multiple divisions and programs. This position also provides administrative support to the Office of Economic Development and Community Revitalization.
- Provides general administrative support to Department management, including keeping calendars, scheduling meetings, triaging phone calls and managing voicemail. Provides similar support to the Office of Economic Development and Community Revitalization.
- Learns basic permitting and inspection terminology and systems and services as primary backup coverage for the Permit Desk.
- Provides support for Planning and Code Enforcement on a project basis.
- Assists residents, businessowners and other stakeholders who interact with the Department with a focus on providing high quality customer service.
- Has primary responsibility for keeping the department workspace neat and organized.
- Maintains supply inventory and processes supply orders when necessary.
- Responds to Open Record Act and litigation production requests by conducting thorough and exhaustive searches of available documents and files.
- Prepares basic reports, documents and correspondence, including routine agenda items and meeting notices.
- Maintains physical and electronic files in accordance with department policies and in conformance with applicable regulations.
- Scans documents and files appropriately.
- Provides support for meetings, including operating audiovisual equipment when assigned.
- Willingness to learn new job duties, take on additional responsibilities and function as a member of a team.
- Experience providing high quality customer service and producing quality work product in a similar environment.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, and to act appropriately when faced with stress, adversity or difficulty.
- Knowledge of basic administrative skills including composition, grammar and arithmetic. Proficiency in common business productivity software necessary to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations and manage files and photographs. Ability to learn and utilize specialized software and to become familiar with technical terminology.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, including city employees, residents, members of the business community and the general public.
- Ability to use appropriate discretion with regard to information seen or heard, including proper handling of confidential or proprietary information.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma State Driver license with a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, to arrive for work punctually and to work additional or flexible hours when requested.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED.
Experience interacting with the general public in a customer service oriented setting.
- Performs duties under the supervision of the Planning Director/Assistant Director of Community Development. Receives regular direction from the senior management staff being supported.
- Does not supervise employees.
High School Diploma or GED