Department of Job Listing:
Salary Range: $27,913.60 - $37,648.00
- This is manual labor in the performance of semiskilled tasks of a physically demanding nature.
- Work involves responsibility for performing heavy manual labor, general construction and related servicing tasks in public areas and street rights-of-way.
- Performs a variety of grounds maintenance work; plants, waters and sprays grass, shrubbery, flowers and trees; mows grass using riding or push-type lawnmowers. (Certification may be required.)
- Builds, paints and repairs park benches, playground equipment, guardrails, fences and buildings.
- Removes weeds, trash, snow and other debris from parks, sidewalks, streets and other public areas.
- Operates and performs routine maintenance of light trucks, tractors, power and hand tools such as chain saws, shovels, hoes, rakes, edgers and related equipment.
- May instruct less experienced workers in proper and safe work procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimal Acceptable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of materials, methods and techniques used in park maintenance and beautification.
- Ability to operate mowing machines, light trucks, tractors, power and hand tools and related maintenance equipment.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory working relationships with the public and other employees.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral or written instructions.
- Ability to perform strenuous and physically demanding manual labor for extended periods and under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical computations.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma State Commercial Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience in preventative maintenance of hand and power tools.
- Experience in maintenance of light vehicles and/or mowing machinery.
- One (1) year experience in park maintenance or like occupation.
Supervision Given and Received:
- Performs duties under the direct supervision of the Street/Parks Supervisor.
- May supervise other Park Maintenance Crew Workers or summer laborers.