Starting Annual Salary $27,913.60
Position is within the Utility Billing Office Division, Department of Finance. The primary function of this position is the direct contact with the customer in establishing utility service and receiving payment of monthly billing. The employee performs various other duties with regards to routine maintenance of account records.
- Responsible for receiving utility payments and balancing of cash drawer, including night deposit and mail payments.
- Processes paperwork to establish and close utility accounts.
- Responds to customer inquiries by phone and in the office.
- Prepares bills for mailing; sorts and distributes mail for all departments.
- Performs basic collection activities.
- One year each cashier, accounting and computer experience.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment with high degree of accuracy, i.e., computer, calculator, copier, fax, typewriter, etc.
- Good people skills, complemented with good oral and written communication skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
- Ability to work efficiently under stressful conditions.
- High school graduate or GED supplemented by courses in computers and accounting.
- Employee is under the general supervision of the City Clerk and oversight of the Senior Customer Cashier. Employee does not supervise others.