Starting Salary $34,153.60
This is heavy manual work in collecting refuse and trash. An employee in this classification works under the close supervision of the Sanitation Supervisor and/or Crew Chief, who assigns routes and inspects work daily.
- Collects garbage and refuse at curb in Poly Karts, bags, cans and boxes. Picks up and empties the collected garbage into the refuse truck.
- Picks up and empties containers at business locations on commercial route.
- Cleans and washes refuse trucks on regular basis.
- Assists other drivers with their routes when needed.
- May train inexperienced drivers.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays if needed.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of traffic regulations.
- Possession of a Class “B” Oklahoma Commercial Drivers License with an air brake endorsement and driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to safely operate residential or commercial refuse truck and perform operator level maintenance and checks of vehicle.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor in extreme weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to advise replacement drivers of route schedule if regular driver is absent.
- Ability to train inexperienced driver.
- Ability to get along well with fellow employees and the public.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to read and write the English Language.
- Experience in refuse collection.
- Experience in operating equipment currently being used by the City.
Works under the direct supervision of the Sanitation Supervisor and/or Crew Chief and does not supervise others.